Information for International Students and Graduates in China

Applicants to German universities who

  • are not holding a Chinese passport,
  • have completed their elementary / high school education outside of China,
  • are currently studying at a Chinese university


  • have graduated from a Chinese university

are required to undergo an APS procedure unless they are able to apply to German universities based on degrees from their home countries.

Further information regarding the screening procedures can be found in the following leaflets:

Please note that interview candidates for Shanghai (residency in Shanghai, Anhui, Jiangsu and Zhejiang) hand in their documents at the Shanghai Office directly. Interview candidates for Beijing, Chengdu, Guangzhou and Shenyang hand in their documents at the Beijing Office.